Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Follow the Recipe or Wing It?

Having juiced since October for at least one meal a day, a day or more a week, I went into the 30 Day Juicing Challenge with some experience but it has been an amazing revelation that juicing can be really delicious because I am actually trying recipes instead of just tossing in whatever I find in the fridge.  

The first time I saw a juicer's video, there were no recipe suggestions, just a view of the garden while Danny Vierra collected a variety of vegetables.  The veggies went in the juicer on whim and fancy, or so it seemed.

I panic when it comes to meal planning and grocery shopping.  It is not easy being vegan and disliking the chore of creating healthy meals.  To prepare a list for for juicing sent me into a tail spin until I made an Excel master list based on one in Joe Cross's free plan section.  The 15 Day Classic Reboot grocery list was basically my guide.  

With list in hand, I combed Joe's site for recipes to get a grip on how much produce I would need to survive three days, the most I could safely store at a time.  Since I used recipes to fill out my shopping list, it seem to follow that I would juice those selections.

All I can say is WOW!  Following a recipe has made the juices super delicious and an enticement to keep with the program.  I look forward to the tasty treats lined up in our fridge.  

So far my favorites have been the Joe's Mean Green and Just Beet It from the 15 Day Classic Reboot Plan.  In addition to the webite recipes, I borrowed the book, The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet Cookbook, from our library.  It's a great resource.  I am tempted to try the phone app, too.


Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Reboot-Juice-Diet-Cookbook-Plant-powered/dp/1626341370

No comments:

Post a Comment