Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Facts, Figures, and a Disgusting Picture

Photo taken on September 14, 2014, the fateful day I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

The photo should have been enough to propel me into a juice fast but the thought of only juice and lemon water during the damp fall weather we experience in the Pacific Northwest, on the West side of the Cascades, didn't sound like something I could handle.  If I were to succeed, the weather had to be sunny and warm.  And additionally, we would have fresh produce from our garden to keep the expense low.  So I waited but before any yields from my garden, I could not pass up the opportunity to join a FaceBook group in a 30 day juice fast.  

The FB group formally began their fast today, but with fresh veggies in the fridge and eager to begin, my fast began yesterday.  I weighed in at 178 pounds in the morning before my lemon water and first glass of juice, a fair bit lighter than I was in the picture.  Juicing up to 3 meals a week through the winter had made an impact on my weight.  Now to see if it will bring healing to my immune and respiratory systems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment