Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2015

Progress?


Just as the hill doesn't look so bad after the hike up, the last 12 days have not been as daunting as they seemed at the beginning.  No, I haven't experienced the weight disappearing as quickly as some but the whole point of this journey was not to lose weight but to regain my health.

Last week I took care of my grandson twice.  He came with congestion and cough, and later in the day on Friday he started complaining that his ear hurt.  Normally, I catch whatever he has.  Not this time and I didn't even take vitamins to boost my immune system.  I'd say that something positive must be happening.

Also, I generally suffer from congestion after a walk around the neighborhood.  My environmental allergies kicked in so much in the past that I felt groggy and slow in the morning.  Eventually, I gave up neighborhood hiking.  I am rejoicing that I can resume with little negative impact.

And, yes, there has been weight loss.  By my weekly weigh-in last Wednesday, I had lost 8 pounds.  That was a pound a day!  Never have I lost so much so easily with so little effort and ill effects.  My major withdrawal symptoms were minor afternoon headaches on the second and third days; most likely from abstaining from my morning ritual of tea.

There is progress and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment